The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for entering, verifying and reconciling a variety of transactions as a member of a small finance team in a fast-growing education technology company. Responsibilities also include a variety of administrative and office-management duties.
- Posting and paying accounts payable, running and posting payroll, and similar bookkeeping functions.
- Invoicing customers, including occasional communications with customers to address issues as they arise.
- Reconciling accounts, posting journal entries, and other period-closing tasks.
- Maintaining and managing customer and vendor files.
- Preparation financial reports and analyses under the direction of the controller and senior management.
- Assistance with compliance matters (tax, legal, etc.) under the direction of the controller and senior management.
- Answering internal accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as de facto office manager for the Atlanta office.
- Broad contribution to team efforts as needed, exhibiting a “can-do” attitude.
- A thorough understanding of standard bookkeeping processes, data entry skills, general math skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner are all essential.
- Proficiency with Excel and one or more accounting software packages
- proficiency with Netsuite is a major “plus”.